Tamil Nadu agricultural university admission notification 2018 www.tnau.ac.in
Every year, the Tamilnadu Agricultural University] publishes the admission notification for admissions in into various graduate and post graduate courses in the new academic year in the month of May or June. It offers various graduate and post graduate courses to interested candidates at various institutes in Tamil Nadu. You can download the official notification or can get information related to admission from this article. We request you to go through the guidelines before applying for the Tamil Nadu agricultural university counselling 2018. Be careful while filling the form as any wrong information may lead to complete rejection of your application form.
The age of Tamil Nadu agricultural university admission aspirants should not be more than 21 years at the time of admission. This age limit is not applicable for students belonging to SC/ST and SCA; there is no maximum age bar for such applicants.
Duration of different courses
The duration of each course varies from a minimum of 3 years to maximum of six years.
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Entrance Exam 2018
Applicants must have cleared 10+2 (intermediate) with 60% marks in any of the below given subjects from a recognized board or university.
- Applicants need to possess PCM or PCB for group 1 courses.
- For group 1 courses, interested candidates must have passed PCM with an elective) subject related to science stream. Evaluation for elective subject will be considered in terms of marks but not in terms of grades.
- Individuals with 10+2 in physics , chemistry , zoology and any other science related course are eligible for B.sc( Zoology , botany)
- Bachelor of technology course is offered in subjects like horticulture, food process engineering, bio technology, agriculture engineering, environmental science and horticulture.
- Admission seekers those who have completed 12th standard from Tamil Nadu state can only apply for the admission in under graduate course at this university.
- Individuals can apply maximum of 2times if they are from general category and 3 times for individuals belonging to SC/ST category.
TNAU admissions 2018: Official notification releasing on May 18, check details
Process of selection
- Seat will be allotted to eligible candidates based on the marks secured in 10+2 examination.
- Applicants those who have scored highest marks in the qualifying exam i.e. intermediate will be called for the counseling process. Candidates will be shortlisted according to the merit.
- Documents verification and counselling will be conducted at the Tamil Nadu agricultural university campus that is located in Coimbatore.
Seat allotment and counselling procedure
Students have to come for counselling at the university along with their original marks sheet. Applicants will be invited to participate in counselling according to the rank obtained in the merit list. Admission seekers have to choose the college and the course which they are interested during the time of counselling. Option once selected will not be changed at any circumstances.
Out of the total available seats, 31% of seats are reserved for open category while the percentage of seats reserved for SC category is 15% while 26.5% seats are reserved for backward class people.
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University 2018 online admission application form will be available from will be available from 15th May 2018.
- You can apply via online or offline modes.
Counselling schedule for TNAU admission 2018
Phase I Counseling will be conducted from 9th to 13th July 2018
For vocational stream, students must attend counseling on 16th July 2018
Counseling for NRI students will be held in between 17th to 18th July 2018
Phase II stage of counseling will be held in between 23rd to 27th July 2018
First semester registration will start on 1st August 2018
Admission closure date 31st August 2018